Monday, November 8, 2010

Dubai - The Place to Go for Business and Travel

Dubai is a fascinating land. It is a one of the seven emirates of the UAE (United Arab Emirates). The captivating emirate of Dubai sits on the Arabian Peninsula, south of the Persian Gulf.


Of course, you must be wondering why I'd choose to discuss Dubai. Well to be completely honest, Dubai has just simply grown into a bit of a fascination for me. And, I'd really like to travel there some day.

I'm not exactly sure when my strong attraction to Dubai began. I think maybe it started a few years ago after hearing about it in the news for the first time. But in any case, Dubai is at or near the top of my list for future travel destinations. Why specifically? I'll tell you.

Dubai is an ever growing metropolis that has exploded from the deserts of the Middle East.
                                                          (Mid 1960's)
(Today)
The emirate has become a riveting place of art and culture. The architecture is particularly impressive!

Dubai currently has the world's tallest building, Burj Khalifa (see below photo).

Here's some more images of Dubai and its architecture.



There's much more in terms of attractions I could talk about, but needless to say, the sites alone are quite magnificent. However, there's another side to Dubai that's just as interesting.

Dubai is quite the business center. Not only does Dubai have one of the world's busiest airports and is a major trade hub, but Dubai is also known for having a very friendly business atmosphere. Plenty of companies, such as Boeing, have facilities there.

I could go on and on, but when it comes down to it, I just really want to visit Dubai (maybe even live there). Among other things, it has the perfect mix of business and tourism which have made it an alluring destination.

To provide you all with a little bit more insight, here's 2 great videos about some of the happenings taking place in Dubai.
Also, I hope you enjoyed this post. Be sure to tell me what you think.  - John


Art Dubai 2010 Highlights from Art Dubai on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Dubai! A place of much curiosity with its beauty and modern world. Too bad I don't see a class field trip going there soon. -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete