Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My New York New Years

I have spent all of my New Year's Eve's in the lovely city of St. Louis.  Someday though, I want to spend it in New York.  Just once in my life, I want to celebrate the New Years standing in the street in Times Square New York watching the sparkling ball drop with thousands of others.  I am sure this wouldn't be an inexpensive trip, with it being on New Year's and all-flight, and hotel rooms raise prices during this time, so it might possibly take me a little while to save up for it, but I am willing to do that.

After I watch the ball drop in times square then it's time to party! I'll head on over to the Bowery Ballroom.  The Bowery is one of the best venues for live music.  Refurbished into a music venue in 1997, the Bowery Ballroom is a chance to see singers and bands everyone else will see two years from now and some that haven't forgotten their humble beginnings (Green Day just played the Bowery to launch 21st Century Breakdown.)  Patti Smith, The Roots and Passion Pit are among the 7 musicians playing New Year's Eve.  Unfortunately there's no VIP admission like many other ballrooms in NYC.  You have to buy tickets to each of the shows.


Inside of the Bowery Ballroom
Bowery from the outside

After being exhausted from partying all night long.  I will head back to my hotel at the Westin New York at Times Square.  Oh yeah, spare no expense here.  I liked the idea of staying at the Westin because of the location.  Since I am new to New York, and since the city has somewhat of a shady rep, I want to stay as close to all of the action as possible.



The Westin New York at Times Square is right in the heart of all the New Year's Eve fun!
One bedroom suite at the Westin


To find out more about the Westin New York at Times Square visit: http://www.westinny.com/
To find out more about the Bowery Ballroom check out http://www.boweryballroom.com/

-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment