Fluently speaking a foreign language is a talent that I would love to acquire. I would love to be able to carry on a conversation with someone who speaks French and Spanish. Spanish especially would help in the field of marketing and advertising because the Latino market is huge and will continue to get bigger in the years to come. If a person can speak fluent Spanish, they will be able to communicate with any Latino brand successfully and have a hand up in the mainly dominating English speaking market here in the United States once the Latino market grows.

I took a couple high school Spanish classes so I do remember some phrases from the language. Hopefully by having some background in it that might help me when I decide to pursue trying to really become fluent in the language. I have researched how I can start to learn Spanish on my own instead of enrolling in a class. Rosetta Stone is an option that I found, but be prepared to spend some money. It has great reviews though so who knows it might be worth it. The complete Rosetta Stone Spanish set retails for $599.00 on their website. That seems like a fair price to me considering how much one would spend on numerous Spanish classes. This is what the set includes:
Interactive Software
Audio Companion™
For your CD or MP3 player so you can review Spanish (Latin America) while on the go.
Headset with Microphone
For use with our state-of-the-art speech-recognition software.
Live Online Lessons
Mobile Companion™
- Spanish (Latin America) learning application for your iPhone® or iPod Touch®.
If you just want to skip Rosetta Stone and check out some local classes at the St. Louis Community College go here:
http://www.stlcc.edu/
-Tara
No comments:
Post a Comment